30 October 2009 116 Comments

Do You See the Dead?

Or can you tell who is about to die? Seeing The Dead

The first thing I did after spending a 14-hour day birthing this website was to run—literally—down to the neighborhood store. My butt was numb and my head so stuffed full of thoughts I felt like it could crumble apart and disgorge its contents like a rotting pumpkin! Brisk movement felt great. I had no idea why I was going to the store. Didn’t need anything. I just went.

Almost immediately I found myself chatting with a clerk I had shared causal talk with for a few years. I told him about this site. Suddenly we were discussing his ‘gift’—knowing when people are about to die. He had been accurate within a few days with several friends. This ability was relatively new for him, following an accident. As you can imagine, managing this gift was challenging. I will not share his details.

He was not the first person I know with such a gift. I know well at least three otherwise perfectly normal people who have the same ‘gift’ the boy in the movie “The Sixth Sense” had. They see dead people. Not all the time, but on occasion. For the man I know best this started quite young. Soldiers who had died in the civil war visited him. (He told me I could share this.) His imagery was so vivid that he began to look up photos in books to identify their regiments from the buttons on their uniforms.

This man told no one of his gift until he told me in his late forties. He feared people would think he was insane, and used to drink to try and suppress feeling. Later he learned to manage his gift more smoothly and to be at peace with his intense sensitivity.

I do not see the dead myself, although I do feel them occasionally when they have unfinished business with one of my clients. This is usually a loving parent.

This post is to break the ice with this type of topic. These abilities are not uncommon. If you or to someone you love sees the dead or knows when people will pass please comment. Much of the world is finally ready to accept your gifts. Let’s help each other through discussion.

Be Sociable, Share!

116 Responses to “Do You See the Dead?”

1. Kelly Rudolph 30 October 2009 at 2:35 pm #

Wow! That IS a challenging gift. Everyone is intuitive beyond their knowing. If they would just pay attention to find their particular gift, it could help them tremendously with their own life and those of others. Your site looks fantastic! Congrats!!!

• Nicholas birch 6 July 2017 at 1:21 am #

Question is it bad that
      I can see the dead
      Hear the dead
      Speak to the dead
      And sense it
      And know how that person died
      Or when in i go into a antique
      Store i feel multiple presences
      And hear things in it
      I was walking by it last night and
      I swear i can people screaming for help
      And nobody would be there
      A preist told me i was corrupted

• Teresa Dietze 6 July 2017 at 9:44 am #

Dear, dear Nicolas,

Our gifts come from the Divine, and have important purposes in our unfolding, development, and purposes here.

It’s a painful and difficult lesson to learn, but all people who are spiritual guides are still people, and have challenges and blind spots. Forgive the priest for his limited humanity. He spoke from ignorance and fear.

Sending Love,

• steve 4 September 2017 at 11:01 pm #

is there a way of controling or at lest preparing myself for it

• Teresa Dietze 8 September 2017 at 9:56 am #

Dear Steve,

There are a lot of ways of preparing for and mediating that kind of experience, although not exactly controlling it. The posts under the Self Development and then Guidance tabs may be useful to you, and anything I’ve written on External Influences. Also, Energy Mastery series. In a sense, almost everything I have written on this site is for the purpose of assisting people who are sensitive to energy to become well-rounded and healthy. It’s also very important to take good care of the body so your electromagnetic fields are strong. This increases resilience.

This kind of sensitivity is a whole Path in itself, and requires intelligent and ongoing adjustment. The rewards are well worth the work. Do give yourself time and foster your development. If you were, perhaps, to read a post a day and go through the series from their beginnings, you’ll find a lot of answers–and a lot of questions that haven’t come up yet.

• Teresa Dietze 8 September 2017 at 10:39 am #

I cannot vouch for these people as I haven’t met them, and in general mediums need to do the type of self-development, energy mastery, and healing that I write about. With this disclaimer, you might check this out:

Starting in September, the NW Mediumship Association will begin holding its monthly development practice on-line. This means there will be no more “in-person” meetings, unless we conduct a special meeting or guest workshop.

Meet-up is not designed for us to advertise or promote on-line events. As a result, if you are interested in knowing more about our virtual opportunities or joining us for an on-line development group, then please sign-up for our newsletter at

• Keisha 21 August 2017 at 12:09 am #

If you see the living, that’s what I call the people who have passed away and gone to heaven. Could you please contact me. I used to see them but, I blocked the gift because,people were bullying me and making fun of me. And I was just a little girl and couldn’t take it. So I blocked it out. I have been trying to get the gift back, but I do not know how if anyone has any information on how to do so, please notify me! It will be greatly appreciated
        Contact me if your know please! Email me at: ktaylor6899@gmail.com

• steve 4 September 2017 at 10:59 pm #

i can talk with a few they come to me.i have no control.also when i shake or hug someone.i see everything.just on few but sometimes its to much.please how do you handle it?

2. Lee Mozena 5 November 2009 at 12:38 pm #

Thanks for your candor and willingness to write about connecting with souls from beyond. It’s interesting how taboo this subject is in mainstream American culture- the fear that we may be dismissed as “crazy” when, in another culture the same observations would elevate our status!

3. Michele Marie 26 November 2009 at 12:31 am #

I have been using the American Book of the Dead by E.J. Gold as a tool to bring awareness in daily life in preparation for an afterlife or as a stimulus for visionary experience.
    Your writing is helping others to look at their gifts. Thank you for your subject on seeing the dead. Thank you for being who you are and take us on this beautiful contemplative journey! What a fantastic site! Bravo!

• Teresa Dietze 20 December 2009 at 1:28 pm #

Thank you Michele for letting us know what you are up to. That is fascinating work. I would be pleased to hear in detail about your experiences with it, either here in Comments or as a Guest Author for a blog post!

It means a lot to me to know this site is of service.

4. Karen Dimmick 18 December 2009 at 2:42 pm #

Great post! Thanks for taking on this subject.
    I do see people like this, thankfully not always in full detail :)
    I’ve only seen one person who I suddenly knew was going to die, although I’ve only known one person who has died….
    They kind of had a “glowey, pearlescent”sort of ‘feel’ to them – hard to describe I guess…
    Love your site – look forward to some interesting posts!!!

5. Teresa Dietze 18 December 2009 at 4:48 pm #

Thank you so much for making a response Karen! If you know others who would enjoy participating on this site let them know. I would love to speak with you about your experiences!

6. rene 20 December 2009 at 7:03 am #

hi me again lol thank for site again much love this happened to me seen the dead before and trace’s of there energy on old stone/tiled floors,my father was dieing in a hospice it took 8 day on 7 night i did not sleep just stayed by his side talking drinking (was never drunk)and smokeing the weed (outside of his room a door to the garden)for me?.any way on the 8th day i knew he was going 2 die had not washed or changed my cloths,so had a long bath and family were knocking telling me he was on his way out and to hurry up i did not just took my time when done i walk into room put some classical music on and he died onthe 3rd track the blue danube ty

• Teresa Dietze 20 December 2009 at 1:35 pm #

Hello Rene! Thank you for sharing your experience. Your Dad was lucky to have your loving companionship.

Lots of people who are very sensitive to energy drink and use drugs to deal with this sensitivity. This attempt backfires because alcohol and drugs tend to weaken the energy fields around our bodies, making them wispy and thin. (These fields are strengthened by minerals such as those we get eating vegetables.) This makes them MORE sensitive and less able to manage life circumstances. Then they try more of the same. Square peg, round hole.

Be kind to your body, dear one, and let your love come forth into the world!

• elizabeth 15 March 2017 at 5:05 am #

Actually drugs can intencify it. Esspecially marijuana. Also i am a person who dont see ghost . i see the dead but i see their spirit but i see it thru the eyes and gestures movements and words. I can speak with them but also can communicate thru the picture on the tv and thru radios.

• Teresa Dietze 15 March 2017 at 9:33 am #

That is quite interesting, Elizabeth. The TV/radio connection is one capacity I don’t have. How does that work?

Thank you for your constructive comment.

7. Hafizullah 1 January 2010 at 1:35 pm #

I see the walking dead all around me — but I don’t think you’re referring to people who are still hitched to their bodies… :-)

8. Therese 12 June 2010 at 12:13 pm #

I don’t see people but I see the energy of the people. Mostly I just feel the presence. I can usually tell whether they are male/female and a little about them. I’ve had some invade my body but that doesn’t seem to happen any more since I’ve recognized how to stop it. I do know a person who sees the dead and another who can tell someone is about to die even if from an accident. I don’t know if I can tell when people are going to die or if I’m just sensitive to the energy. I worked in a retirement community and I could tell when clients were ready to pass on. It seemed obvious so maybe it was and, therefore, nothing special. I’m glad you are talking about this subject.

9. Julie Ellen 19 September 2011 at 10:19 pm #

I am capable of seeing the dead, and have spoken with them. The incredible thing with me, is that they fully manifest for me. Of course I have stories to share, but I get so put off by people that just think I am nuts. I can go into homes and run across ghosts that this was once their home and they tell me all about it. But, when people see me talking to someone who is not there in their opinion, they think I am nuts. I have stayed very low key about this gift. It seems to me that people are interested in the paranormal, until it is actually presented to them, and they freak out. I also try and stay out of hospitals, too many ghosts there wanting to chat!

10. Chris T 14 March 2012 at 4:39 pm #

I have seen Ghost since I was a kid. Both my mother and sister have this gift or some say curse to see the dead as well.I Found that I no longer fear what I see but my sister still has issue with it.Most people view people like myself as nut or crazy. At one point I thought was crazy myself. When I first started see the dead I had to prove to myself that it was not real. So I had an Experince in my old house where I keep seeing a man in military clothing from the first gulf war. Never thought much of it and ignored it. Later on down the Road I had a chat with the people across the street and they gave a little background on the house I was living in. The last owner on the house was a military vet that commited suicide in the house that I was living in. He killed himself 3 days after he came back from the Gulf war. After that I knew that I wasn’t crazy and I try to keep what I see to myself. I’m not Religous but I now have a different outlook on life:)

11. prissilla s 16 March 2012 at 2:52 pm #

Hi, about a year ago i reunited with one of my moms old friends,,,she has an amazing gift..and her and my mom were talking and soon her friend left…but she told my mom to tell me to not be afraid…and that she knows i have a gift…plz msg me back. I dont talk to ppl about this…but i need help..

• Teresa Dietze 17 March 2012 at 10:13 am #

Hello Prissilla,

I sent you an email a few days ago to make contacting me easy. As I have not seen a reply, I’m answering you here as well. I cannot put my email on here w/o spammers getting it. Look for me email or go to my main website at beingtotal.com and enter a comment including your phone number.

Blessings,

12. Patty 1 May 2012 at 7:24 am #

I heard my granddaughter sitting up in bed talking and laughing i let her sleep the next morning she said she was visiting with grandma angel she has never seen my mom but pointed her out as grandma angel. so then i let it go telling her thats great see came to visit you. she tells me grandma angel is coming to see her she has to go to bed, she says she see her and ask do i but i dont

• Teresa Dietze 2 May 2012 at 9:32 am #

That’s very sweet, Patty. Keep her extra safe since she’s a sensitive little flower. :)

13. nick 14 June 2012 at 11:10 pm #

Im ganna get straight to the point… All my life ive felt things and never new what i was felling, until i felt it touch me. was so scared because it was evil and i know it was evil by nature. please some one help me toone this out. it follows me and i can tell when i finds me. not by bad this nor by sight. its this whole body feeling i feel. recently ive started heering it and its touched me. im scared. please help me.

• Teresa Dietze 15 June 2012 at 10:14 am #

Dear Nick,

Thank you for your great courage in bringing this forth. I know what that feels like because I had things like that happen years ago.

Three things are essential. You can do them during the same time period.

1. You need to get the negative energy out so you can feel safe. This will seem silly but it will actually work and has worked for me and many of my clients. Get the odd little energy-shifting tools at http://positiveenergytools.com/ I made that site to help people in your position in case this came up in the course of my blog posts about energy. With what you’ve got going on it’s a very small gamble. Keep those energy things on your person a lot for a few days and then on and off when you feel that stuff.

2. Read the Inner Work series under Personal Development tab, and see if you can also find the posts on External Influences, of which there are 3. (If you cannot find them and do the other things I will help you find them.) You need to learn to accept and integrate what is really YOU so you can tell yourself apart from the energy that does not belong with you.

3. Learn to sit still with the feelings and sensations without panic so you can begin to ground yourself and your discernment can help out. Resisting it can give it power and make it worse. But you’ll need to do the other steps to be able to do this one and it takes more skill.

I did write a book that addresses this stuff in detail. At some point soon I am going to edit out a lot of the stuff of negative energies before I promote it, because most people aren’t ready for that. It’s a ebook, and is at http://keepyourenergyclear.com/

It would help your understanding and direction to read that, but if money is a problem go for the energy-clearing devices first. The energy is more important than mental understanding of the processes, although both are good.

Blessings, take good care, stay with your process and know that your soul cannot be touched by all the negative disturbances on the surface.

14. Lynn 20 July 2012 at 8:22 pm #

My daughter has the gift of seeing spirits. She told me that we have many people in our house, but she does not feel threatened. I asked her what they looked like and she gave me a description of a close friend of mine that was killed in a car accident. This person died before she was born so she had never seen him. She said he’s around quite often. She has also seen my dad, which passed away of cancer. She said sometimes you can tell what they look like but other times they are just a white apparition. It’s really interesting. The story is way too long to write.

• Teresa Dietze 21 July 2012 at 9:02 am #

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for sharing this part of your story–it’s a great one. I’d like to know the age of your daughter. If you’d like to share a longer version you are welcome to share it here, or we might be able to turn it into a full post. It is wonderful that your daughter has the terrific benefit of landing in a home where her gifts are recognized, explored, and respected.

15. Lynn 31 July 2012 at 11:37 pm #

My daughter is 14 years old. She has had this gift since she was 2. I can remember when she was a baby (approximately 2) and we would be going somewhere and she’d ask, “did you see them”? And I’d ask, who? She would say the angels. At that time I really didn’t think a lot about it and as the years went by she really didn’t say too much about it. Within the last few years, we were taking a walk around the block. She said Mom, I see people. I asked her what she meant by “people”. She said she sees people in our house and outside of our house. She has also seen people at school and other places. As I said before, she has seen a friend of mine in our house. She has seen my brother-in-law that passed away last year, my dad, my grandfather, and my friend that was killed in a car accident. She said that she feels they are watching over us and that she has never felt threatened by them. I pray the angels around my children and my home. I truly believe she has the gift to see the guardian angels. Just the other day she said she had seen my dad. She said he’s always wearing overalls. I asked her what color shirt he wearing and she said a long sleeved green shirt. I told her that wasn’t my dad, it was my grandfather. He always wore overalls and a long sleeved green shirt. My dad looked a lot like my grandfather so I can see how she would think it was my dad. My grandfather passed away in 1990. My daughter was born in 1998. She had never met him. As far as my friend that passed away in a car accident… She had told me about a man she sees in our house, but she didn’t know him. I asked her what he looked like and she described him. At this point, I showed her a picture that I had in a box. She said, yes that’s him. He looks just like that, but maybe a little younger looking.

She says that sometimes she sees them in bodily form, but she also sees them as an apparition with no face…like a cloud of white. One night she said she could see a white apparition following my husband (her dad), but it just disappeared. She has also seen a teenage girl at school.

She told me that she had always seen spirits that seem to be “good”. She had never seen “bad” spirits, until she was at my husband’s work (he owns a body shop). She said there were a lot of “dark”…or black spirits. This was just the other day.

At first she didn’t want to say anything because she thought people might make fun of her or think she’s crazy. At first the gift was a little scary for her, but she seems to be getting use to having it. I told her she should pray and ask God to help her carry the gift and to give her the wisdom of how to use it. My mother (my daughter’s grandmother) has the same gift. I can feel spirits both good and bad, but I do not have the gift to see them. I find it very interesting and it makes me feel good to know that my house has angels around it to protect it. Well, I hope this gives you a little more information. God bless.

• Teresa Dietze 1 August 2012 at 10:47 pm #

Thanks for posting this. It’s great to sense your level of comfort and acceptance. Your daughter is graced to have you as a loving resource!

16. Johnie 28 February 2013 at 12:24 pm #

I do. I have seen them since I was little. Very long story but I’m deff one of them that can see them

• Teresa Dietze 28 February 2013 at 1:25 pm #

Thanks for letting us know, Johnie.

Blessings on your inner and outer journeys!

17. P.J. 1 December 2013 at 1:52 pm #

I was laying in my bed one night while nursing a sprained ankle and believe I witnessed something. I was home alone and the only light on was from my TV. On the hallway ceiling it appeared to be a light pass over the ceiling. It was oval in shape and nothing following like a ray from a flash light. I also do not think it was lights from a cars head lights. When I saw it I was taking back and just felt inside it was some sort of energy.

18. chantel 5 February 2014 at 6:31 am #

I have been able to see since I can remember. And there is times I see things/people that scare me. I am also very sensitive to energy. Recently I have been followed by a man. Idk who he is or what he wants, because although I can see, I have yet to figure out how to communicate. Anyways, since he became part of my life I’ve been looking for a way to shut it out at times, but have yet to do so. Any suggestions? Please email me.

• Teresa Dietze 5 February 2014 at 10:11 am #

Hello Chantel,

If you mean a non-physical man, you could get someone you trust to help hold your grounding and keep you safe while you intentionally face the man and ask him who he is and what he wants. Facing what we fear is usually good. Communication usually works mind to mind. Carefully learning to discern whether this experience is a split-off part of yourself or something/one from the outside would be useful. It’s also always a good idea to enter into, acknowledge, accept, and support yourself with any related emotions that arise during your process around this.

Best of luck/skill,

19. Ellen martinez 27 May 2014 at 11:14 pm #

I am 39 and I have 3 people who are always around me they some times leave for days at a time. And that is fine. There is one who’s name is amanda and she is about 14 she can be really mean. After my dad died in 1997 walter showed up and is always around he is an older man very sweet. Then there is tammy she is in her late 20’s she is nice too.sometimes I hear things I can’t understand or make out the words. I have been going to a doctor for years now and am on meds that should help this stuff but its not doing anything. They say I am bipolar with pysacosis now if it was that, the medications should work right? I go to the store I see other people there and then someone I know will ask me who am I talking too. That is hard because in that moment I see that no one else sees who I am talking too. I am really lost and don’t know what to do. This is hendering me from getting or holding a public job.can any one help me with this? I am drowing or that is what I feel like. I am going to put my email on here so if anyone can help just email me and in the subject like put help with spirital problem an I will know its from here.some of the people I deal with are just hanging around they don’t try to invade me or anything I can be quite rude when they come to close to me .I am a strong out spoken person that is always getting called crazy. Can any one help? Email ellenperalta@yahoo.com

• Teresa Dietze 28 May 2014 at 9:47 am #

Hello Ellen,

It might be useful for you to look up a local group of mediums in your area, and find out whether someone is doing training. You need to learn to master your gifts by learning how to have a choice whether or not to allow other beings in your energy fields. This will take time, practice, and the help of someone or a group who have direct experience and can assist you to learn. You might find a MeetUp group, or call mediums and find one who has received training. Find people who specialize. Also, at this point there are also some good books. Here is a good book by a competent medium and writer:

20. Samantha Davis 23 July 2014 at 4:03 pm #

Hello,
    My name is Samantha. I have the ability to see Spirits, ghost if you would say. Many have been passed for several years. Others I have a personal connection in some way, weather I knew the the person personally, or if someone I am close to is effected by a death. But this is not the hardest gift for me to understand. I have the ability to feel the emotions and feelings of others. I know what some are thinking before they say it. This started when I could not make it to my best friends wedding. I was devastated and told her I would be thinking of her. As she had a small wedding I felt her thinking of me I felt her happiness and joy. Ever sense then it’s like her and I have a bond, as if i am attached to her in some way. However she is not the only one I can detect. Its anyone I am around. Even if I am not able to read directly what they are thinking, I always know what they are feeling. I know if there has been a tragedy in their life recently. I also know if someone close to them has passed and it had an influence. In certain occasions I can see a spirit attached.

21. Sherri 21 September 2014 at 1:56 pm #

In 1987, I woke up at 5:30 in the morning and looked up to see what looked like a hologram of three people lying down. I was wide awake and I hadn’t been drinking or using drugs. It scared the heck out of me. One adult woman,an adult male, and a child, male I think. The woman looked at me straight in the eye and I said “Who are you?” The picture dropped down like and elevator and the bright light that was behind it disappeared. A few weeks later I was staying at my brother’s house and once again, a visual appeared to me. This time, it was only the woman; she was distraught and screaming (silently) into a phone. Once again, I asked who she was, and once again, the image dropped. I was no longer afraid; I was fascinated. The last time she appeared was a few weeks after that. She was crying silently and I asked her to look at me. This time, instead of asking her a question, I told her to go into the light (that was fading) that I kept seeing I told her she’d find her loved ones there. She looked at me one last time, turned, walked into the light and it disappeared. Forever. It took me 10 years before I told anyone about it.

22. Lisa 2 December 2014 at 9:02 pm #

I have been feeling the dead near me since i was a kid. I had for a long time assumed i was borderline insane. About ten years ago i started seeing them or at least acknowledging i see them. For some reason they always appear to me with their lips pressed shut. I have assumed this is because i have spent most of my life blocking them out because as a teen we lived in a very old house with a VERY strong and i believe unhappy maybe even mean spirit in that house. Thirty years later i still have the most vivid and horrifying nightmares involving that house. I was in constant fear when we lived there and exceedingly relieved when we moved away. It may not have been that bad but i was a kid and quite frankly very scared that i could sense this spirit. I feel this is why i chose to try and block spirit to the best of my ability but still they get through. I rarely deal with deceased members of my family. For the most part i do not know the people i see and it is very strong when i am with my sister.
    Another aspect of this is that i often feel like i am being pushed towards people i do not know or barely know and spirit is trying to push me toward someone who needs help or maybe the spirit needs help with that person.I have always found this to be very confusing and have tried earnestly to block to no avail.
    I have had a lot of issues since moving to a city two years ago. So many spirits and a lot of them are NOT well intentioned. Usually i can get rid of their presence with sageing and prayer but it is disconcerting to have my life perpetually disrupted by them.
    I know they need help and i truly want to help but how do i keep balance in my life and help them.
    I feel this gift is for me to use to help others (spirit and flesh) but i am still a little scared and very confused about what it is i am supposed to do with such a wonderful yet a little frightening gift

• Teresa Dietze 29 December 2014 at 7:30 pm #

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your comment and interesting story. I’m sorry it’s been so hard for you!

More people than we imagine see the dead. It sounds like you would really appreciate some ongoing support.

There is an organization–I think it’s called the NW Mediumship something–N or Seattle that supports people getting together to discuss and learn to master this kind of experience. It’s a MeetUp group.

There is also a book called “Talking to Heaven: A Medium’s Message of Life After Death
      Mass Market Paperback – March 1, 1999
      by James Van Praagh

I have not read it but listened to the audio version. Van Praagh is pretty competent and confident without being preachy or arrogant.

All Good Wishes coming to grips with your gift!

• Reece 30 November 2016 at 5:43 pm #

When you say “lips pressed shut” do they not speak to you? I have been reading people thoughts on this for a while and yours is the only one that makes sense to me. I have endured this problem 2 times now and the only way I can explain my encounters with the dead is that they give me a cold shoulder. The first time I drank myself into believeing I was crazy, but the second time re assured me that I am not making this up in my head. If you find an answer please text me, 250 793 8375, my name is Reece woods, April 17, 1989

23. Daniela 31 January 2015 at 9:06 pm #

Hello,
    My nephew is 17. He started seeing dead people either thru his dreams and physically seeing them. He recently saw his girlfriend’s dad who died about two or three months ago. The dead man was standing next to his girlfriend’s mom. He was yelling and screaming to her very angry, but my nephew could not listen to what he was saying, he was just looking at his ex wife. My nephew felt every emotion the dead man had at the time. My nephew feels very disturbed and do not know what to. He should tell his girlfriend’s mom about it? what is happening to him?? help please

• Teresa Dietze 1 February 2015 at 8:28 pm #

Hi Daniela,

Sounds like he’s opening up. He should get some support from other people how have similar experiences,so he can appreciate, develop and enjoy his gift over time instead of feeling overwhelmed and frightened.

Whether or not he should tell the GF’s mom depends on whether she would be able to hear it. Perhaps it would be good for him to ask her about her beliefs first. Then he could offer it to her if she seems like she’ll be open–without too much attachment to whether or not she can take it in.

Love and good luck,

24. traceykeepin 1 May 2015 at 7:53 am #

hi can u please help me my parter see three people and they have no faces some times its 2men and a woman,or two woman and a men,they talk to my partner and tell her to hurt her self.please help us.

• Teresa Dietze 10 May 2015 at 9:41 am #

Dear Tracy,

We the living always have more authority in this realm than the dead.

We can go into our inner authority and ask them to move on.

When something ‘outside’ comes toward us to harm us, our task is to find
      what part of US on the INSIDE is willing to invite that. When we bring in love
      to those places in ourselves we become safer and safer.

Please find a healer in your area if you are unable to command these forces
      through intention, will, love, and with the help of sincere prayer.

25. CINDY 28 May 2015 at 9:30 am #

I am just grasping a lot of my abilities and have been confused about a lot of them FOREVER but I wanted to ask if anyone experiences seeing dead people occasionally simply walking around doing an everyday task “like getting their mail from a mailbox” etc. . I see them with my eyes as if they are in their flesh living. I don’t get a feeling of evil nor good, actually I just get drawn to them but they don’t acknowledge me. They are in great detail, I remember every bit of clothing, color, etc. . It doesn’t freak me out or anything, I just want to understand why. Any input I would much appreciate. Thank You

• Teresa Dietze 4 June 2015 at 1:33 pm #

Dear Cindy,

Thank you for your comment.

That post was written so long ago that you will not get a lot of response. Over the years I have spoken with people who have a similar experience. The “why” of it is difficult. We all have radically different gifts. Some of it depends on our history of experience, probably across lifetimes. Some of it may depend on brain function. Take, for example, the savants who are able to accurately say Pi three thousand numbers past the decimal point. I believe that the human brain has the undeveloped capacity for an enormous range of experience, very little of which shows up in each individual. We have variances that produce different effects. Why THAT happens is a matter of personal, spiritual belief. I have my own, but I do not aim to influence that in others.

All Good Wishes, and blessings on your Journey.

26. Michelynne 19 September 2015 at 5:15 pm #

I have several gifts. Growing up it was a bit “hush hush” and I have found that several of my cousins have gifts that they refuse to talk about other then to me because I am very vocal about mine now. I am 45. I see spirits, not all the time, but enough, I at times can hear them, I sense many things, ranging from being watched by a spirit or danger–such as major earthquakes–I feel, unbalanced/off/like something serious is going to happen. My uncle would tell me that I had the power of discernment and the words of wisdom. My grandmother would whisper in my ear when I was children to be careful who I told about my gifts. She has passed on, but has visited me numerous times. I have 3 children, each with gifts of their own, they are 14, 8, 6. My 6 year old was talking to a young girl named Mary who had 10 brothers and sisters and had lived on a farm……my daughter spoke of all these things that I knew sounded familiar, she was speaking to her great grandmother, my grandma Mary :). I embrace my gifts, and when I see spirits and hear them, I find myself more intrigued with the things that happen when our sunset arrives.

• Teresa Dietze 19 September 2015 at 6:30 pm #

Thank you for your beautiful comment.

Sending blessings,

27. Dakota Damron 30 January 2016 at 6:59 pm #

Hi my name is Dakota and I have a gift I can see and talk to the dead I’ve had this gift since I was 2 and its getting hard to control. How do I control it. Is there anyway that I can?

• Teresa Dietze 3 February 2016 at 8:03 am #

Dear Dakota,

I think we need to learn how to work WITH the gift instead of trying to control it. This takes time and adjustment. I believe I suggested some resources in earlier comments. Reading and working through the Guidance posts (under Personal Development tab on my site) will help you to integrate, balance, and learn to use your gifts in healthy ways.

28. Cameron 3 February 2016 at 4:14 am #

I can’t see the dead clearly, however I get the vibes and I see them and their death before it happens. I’m actually dealing with one now and it’s very mind blowing and puzzling. I’ve been able to see it since I was in the 734th grade. Im 21 now and it still happens a little more that on occasion. But I’ve gotten to the point where I can no longer say “it just a coincidence” and I don’t know whether I should contact the family or not about it… One because I don’t want them to think I’m a lunatic and 2 what if they don’t believe me and take offense? But one thing is common in all the dreams I’ve had like that is that I’ve always tried to save them! ALWAYS and I end up failing. Then I’d
    hear about it on the news in the next couple of days… I mean… I just don’t know what to do… I can’t ever save them…

• Teresa Dietze 3 February 2016 at 8:21 am #

Dear Cameron,

You are not failing–it is not your job to save them. What is going on is natural for their soul journey. It may help you to work with someone who can help you release feeling personally responsible for others.

I have a dear friend who has had many intense experiences that preceded the news. You are not a lunatic. :)

Don’t talk about your gift with people who do not understand, or minimize it. There are some good books out there, and even meet up groups of people who have this type of experience.

It is important to develop a comprehensive spiritual understanding of life that includes and accepts death.

Do read the other comments on my site, and be gently respectful toward yourself. You may need a mentor who can separate the spiritual parts from the natural emotional involvement. As you work through the later, your gift will become easier.

Love,

29. fannie 31 March 2016 at 11:02 pm #

Hello I am new to these things but I can not deny that I’m different than normal people…since I’ve been little I have seen ghosts …i can Chanel with people I love, if they hurt in some way I do ..i have dreams and a lot of times I have been right…i have been close to death well died three times and two of those times I was aware of what was going on! I am freaking out because it has stopped but started again.. I hear voices and I have seen people that passed away.. People come into my dreams and I don’t know them but they feel real and its just I don’t understand it…i try to open myself but them something happens where I get really scared and I just ignore them but if anyone can please help me that would be great…if I have a gift I don’t want to waste it and this may seem crazy but when I passed away I felt like I spoke with the Lord..i remember what he told me and I remember tunnels and the light and that it is a good and evil fight going on I this world! It’s extremely creepy when I feel presence and see them my daughter seen one as well. I don’t want to babble and I promise I am being honest if anyone has the same issues please reply.

• fannie 31 March 2016 at 11:07 pm #

I can also feel what other people are feeling..sometimes predict outcomes of situations before they happen…i feel like days are reoccurring.. I see things like movies sometimes I feel crazy but I know I’m not..

• Teresa Dietze 1 April 2016 at 9:06 am #

I have the first two also. When I was in my twenties I got the recurring days part. Working with grounding in the body helps. You get used to it as you develop Guidance skills. Read the Guidance posts under the Self Development tab at the top of my site. That series, and the Inner Work series will help you to develop your skills in a safer, more complete way.

• Teresa Dietze 1 April 2016 at 9:12 am #

Dear Fanae,

I’ve spoken with quite a few people with these issues. It is important to cultivate self development techniques that support the strength of your energy fields, develop a strong sense of yourself, and teach you how to cultivate positive energy. Spiritual guidance is important also, not something fluffy, but work that will assist you to discern what to go with and focus on when this comes up. Read my replies for other comments also, as I have other suggestions that may be of service.

Blessings,

30. L. Ann Miller 17 April 2016 at 12:46 pm #

I see the dead in spirit and what looks like human form. I can also feel spirits. I have since I was 8, well, I developed, my intuitive nature at 8. I have sought out spiritualist who tell me it is a gift of God and mos likely because I’m 1/8 Cherokee Indian. I started seeing them physically about 5 years ago, starting with my mom and then 2 years ago, it cranked up a notch. They won’t talk to me yet, but I’m not scared. So far, I have solved 2 of the reasons why 2 of them have come to me and they have left. I need help developing this. If anyone can help, please lead me in the right direction. I am from a small town in Kentucky where there is not much help and you don’t talk about this stuff.

• Teresa Dietze 25 April 2016 at 11:17 am #

Hi There L. Ann,

Sounds like a great gift! Please read the rest of the comments for some suggestions. You are definitely not alone! There are MeetUp groups focused on Mediumship. I wonder whether you could ‘attend’ via Skype, or develop some online friendships with other developing Mediums.

All Good Wishes and keep talking about it! :)

31. Jacqui 19 April 2016 at 12:50 pm #

I’ve seen dead people since I was born so far as I know but I was always told to ignore it and don’t tell people. I’ve lived my whole life being split in that way but now I have a 1year old son just like me. So far my biggest problem is him trying to follow ppl through walls. I’ve always be very private but now I’m looking for people like me or at least similar. If I find people like me and my son my son maybe I can figure out a way for him to not feel so lost and lonely in his crucial years. Sorry this is odd to post on this, please no negetivity

• Teresa Dietze 25 April 2016 at 11:25 am #

Dear Jacqui,

Make careful but determined efforts to find people with whom you can talk openly. We’re out there! There are far more than you may imagine. That’s why I wrote the post and answer comments. I do not find your comment odd at all. I am touched and my heart goes out to you.

Please read the other comments on my site for more ideas and to see that lots of people are in a similar position.

Blessings for your journey, and your son,

32. Acacia 16 May 2016 at 2:05 am #

My husband meets new acquaintances every year and each one of them die or someone in there family dies… my sister died last year…the year before that a guy he just met and tried to become friends with died in front of our apartment being robbed…the year after that a 17 year old boy whom my husband became close with as a mentor drowned in a lake.When he was five he woke up out his sleep and cried for his grandma not to die even begged and a hour later a call to the family announces her death…what does this mean I even feel the energies of these people almost gone I even sense that something bad or even death will happen once I I just look at them even after days of meeting them. I always brush it off … I wonder what does it all mean if anything ..can someone help?

• Teresa Dietze 16 May 2016 at 9:19 am #

Dear Acacia,

I have met people before whose walk in life includes far more than average exposure to death. I believe that this has to do with things their souls are learning. It calls for real and deep spiritual adjustment, learning to understand the nature of life, it’s temporariness, its value, and how to bring one’s self into it in ways that serve those who are suffering. This takes time, courage, and assistance.

Seeing death as bad is a cultural bias. Death is a natural part of life–although it can certainly be tragic.

There are workshops available on learning to embrace death in a positive way. Some of these have been recorded, I think. A colleague of mine teaches on this topic. I was going to give you his web address, but it was down when I just checked. If you are serious about pursuing this, make the request here and I will find out for you.

33. Zach 21 May 2016 at 6:01 pm #

I dont see anything special about this “gift”. I would call this a curse, I absolutely hated the things I would see and for the longest time my parents would tell me it was just my imagination and that I was physically tired but mentally still awake so that made me hallicinate. It wasnt untill my father had an episode while being alone in the house we was living in. Something bad happend in that house I know it used to be a hotel and half burned down and they kept part of it and turned it into a house. My father even found part of a human jaw bone in the wall. But every night I would be tortured by the things that I saw untill we finally moved. It followed me their but I was somehow able to “turn” it off as I got older. Now it never happens but I still sense when someone or something is present and I chose to ignore it. I would never want that to happen to me again. I was even followed by a little girl I seen at my aunts in Mich to the point I would see her in my dreams or a friend would describe a crazy dream he had that was confussing to him and he would describe the little girl in his dream to me to a tee and it sounded exactly like her. I dont tell anyone of the things I used to see because it always get chalked up to me making these things up or me being weird. But no I never considered it a “gift” at all. Just a nightmare

• Teresa Dietze 22 May 2016 at 10:54 am #

Dear Zach,

Your experience of this was wrapped up in a lot of negative energy left in the hotel/house. You did not get good support, and had frightening experiences. Of course this will give it a negative cast for you. :)

Any type of sensitivity can be a curse or a gift, depending how or whether we develop it, and what kinds of support we are able to get to do so.

It is not uncommon for children to be open to experiences and perceptions that adults become able to shut out. The important thing is to remember that we as adults do not know everything, and that the world is full of mystery. Much of it is fascinating, and some of it is beautiful once we come to grips with it.

Blessings,

• Zach 30 May 2016 at 4:35 pm #

So your saying that because of the things that happend in that house being negative that is why I had such a bad experience? Im not trying to be a smart a$$ or anything im just trying to understand better is all. I know last night while I slept I was sleeping on my side and I got a jolt on my shoulder like something pushed me kind of hard. But again I dont ever really see them anymore, I feel like once in awhile when I go to a friends house or just a house on a job for my work I get this dark feeling like something bad happend their or like you described maybe im just feeling the bad energy that was left behind. But it is definately negative feeling, ill even feel it after ive left the house for a couple hours I dont like the feeling at all it almost makes my nausous. Im sorry for my terrible grammar and spelling also.

34. Kim 13 June 2016 at 4:22 am #

Hello Teresa-
    I’m hoping you can help me as I’m not quite sure where to start. Since my early teens I’ve felt spirits and into my 20’s could see many of them and in select cases feel their physical presence (breathe, shaking the bed I’m in etc) I was never able to communicate with them. After learning more about my biological father, it turns out he had a similar ‘gift’. These experiences are usually frightening as they are at night, usually when I’m in new environments etc. Before the birth of my daughter, I asked for them to stop visiting me and called upon my father to protect my daughter. It’s been two years and I have not had an incident. A part of me feels blessed to be ‘different’ in this way however, I feel that I don’t know how to approach it in a way that allows me to control it and for it not to be scary. I can’t quite explain why I feel this way – but I often feel the people visiting me had negative energies. Do you think they could be trying to tell me something? Are there any resources that you would recommend I look into about exploring this in a safe way? Or online groups to join? Reading your above comments I have ordered ‘Talking To Heaven’. Thank you for your time.

• Teresa Dietze 13 June 2016 at 12:44 pm #

Dear Kim,

It is not uncommon that the dead who hang around and need to be witnessed are the ones who have issues. Otherwise they would move along their journey.

You can learn over time to have boundaries that give you choice as to when and whether to deal with discarnate beings, and begin to decide whether or not to take on a role with that. Just because you have the gift does not oblige you to do that work.

This link connects to teachings that have a spiritual view toward death and dying–which we’re short of in this culture. Having the positives help to balance the negatives you experience:

I’m glad you got ‘Talking To Heaven.” It’s a perspective from someone comfortable with mediumship.

Be discerning about what and by whom you allow yourself to be influenced.

A number of my posts on Guidance, Boundaries, External Influences, and Inner Work may well be of service to you in rounding out your perspective and development.

35. Melinda 28 August 2016 at 10:02 am #

My granddaughter has been seeing dead relatives since the age of two. She has always been advanced i.e reading early, verbally advanced. Her first experience was seeing a man she identified as wa-wa. Six months later while going thru old photos she saw a picture of my grandfather who died in 1970, nearly sixty years before she was born. He always appeared to her in her bedroom. She has heard him whistle, and make motions to her. Since then she has seen other deceased, both relatives and non relatives. She is now ten and even sees them at school so she needs to learn to control her gift. I also have a gift of seeing the dead, though not as strong as hers. But I also see angels and have had contact with one in particular. What books do you suggest to help my granddaughter

• Teresa Dietze 7 September 2016 at 5:47 pm #

Dear Melinda,

Not sure about books for kids.

Your acceptance is a wonderful gift for her. If her gift remains active instead of submerging after puberty, she will be able to read books for adults. The ones I have seen are pretty straight forward for the most part.

• Taylor 28 November 2016 at 6:59 am #

I have these things that happen. They have since I was a kid. Night terrors, but when I’d wake up, they’d still be there. I could smell them, and touch them. I could see people who clearly weren’t alive, or who had no faces at all. I could also think of things,just small things, and they’d usually occure. Like things that people will say or the song that will play next. And I always seem to know when something horrible is going to happen not what exactly, but something. All of this still happens. And I can’t figure out why. My husband doesn’t even question me anymore.

Just this morning, around 5 am, I was walking through the graveyard behind my house. It was dark, since it’s winter, but nothing unusual. I’ve lived near this site my whole life. Nothing has ever felt odd here, but as I walked, I could see someone walking from the tree line. They stopped and stared at me as I turned to leave, cause forget that, another one seemed to come from nowhere. My cats, who walk everywhere with me, we’re watching the trees. And when I started to run, they did too. These people had no faces it seemed. Once I was off the land, I couldn’t see them, I locked my door.

This is the latest occurance. And my first with this area that I’ve lived next to nearly my whole life

I often wish I could make it stop. The dreams are so terrible. The faces stick with you. But everyone says it’s a gift. So I’m hoping someone here will know how to help me with this. How to calm it down or something. I’d like sleep with no more dreams, yknow?

It won’t let me make a post on my own on here for some reason. Sorry.

• Teresa Dietze 1 December 2016 at 7:01 pm #

Dear Taylor,

Thanks for showing up. For things to become a gift, we need to develop the skills that allow us to have some mastery in relation to that gift. This takes a lot of self-development. Once we grow into the gifts they tend to give our lives meaning. You can learn to bring in positive energies that help counterbalance the darkness of these experiences as well. Keep exploring and reaching out for skilled support. There are also a lot of posts on my blog that help with developing the personal mastery to manage powerful gifts.

I wish you all the best and send blessings,

36. Katie Elmore 23 September 2016 at 2:28 am #

Hi I just wanted to see if any1 could talk to be about controlling a ability of seeing the dead I have have a lot of things I have see or had experienced when I was young but, now at a older age I still experience things that freak me out I’ll see things out the corner of my eye I’ll hear voices for please I would be greatful if someone could talk to me about how to control this ability or whatever it may be thank you

• Teresa Dietze 30 September 2016 at 10:39 am #

Dear Katie,

People are not likely to return to this page, or to know how to contact you. Consider looking for a MeetUp group for mediums and ask your question there.

• Arie 3 December 2016 at 10:49 am #

I see things at the coner of my eye as well. I was walking to the bathroom, when I looked at the door and I saw fingers touch the edge and back away. I did not check becasue I was scared. I have felt ive heard things as well. I dont think u can stop this, it’s probably not an ability, the dead is probably wanting to communicate… my little brother can see the dead. He says he sees Slender Men

37. Arie 3 December 2016 at 10:43 am #

My little brother was born on the Red Moon. He says that a tall figure that looks like Slender man, wants him dead. He sees it standing at his door. He feels that its pulling him off the bed to kill him. He has a white hat. Which means: He’ll be a great leader or important person. It also means… he can see the dead. He can see what we can’t. Also in my culture, we believe that if u dont lose ur teeth yet, u can see dead ppl until u lose a teeth. Before i lost my first tooth, i saw something standing in my closet. A dark figure it was. With a little boy. I still see unusual stuff. 2 times, I felt i saw fingers, when i turn to look, it backs away. It haunts me. And also, thats a special gift

38. daniel vega 6 December 2016 at 11:14 am #

i have this ability and it can be very scary

• Teresa Dietze 6 December 2016 at 11:52 am #

It really can, Daniel. Of course part of that is all of our cultural associations with death and impressions from media. As we get clearer about death in a more neutral way the experiences can become more wholesome.

Sending Love,

39. Deeanne 9 December 2016 at 11:53 pm #

I’m glad that I have this ability even though there might be some strange things that comes along with it. For me, I’m able to see my loved ones who passed away every once in a while. On top of that, I have a chance to see this little girl, I actually found out that she was my daughter in another life, every single day.

40. Pixie dust 7 February 2017 at 3:42 am #

I am special.i know I am. Different.always have been.see things I cannot explain. Monsters, creatures, not dreams,I see people, shadows. I hate this though,I drug myself so I don’t have to see. People don’t understand.

• Teresa Dietze 7 February 2017 at 12:10 pm #

Ah, but drugging yourself will cause brain and chemical imbalance that makes that type of thing occur more. As one of my early mentors said, “A good plan is a plan that works.” Learning to master your gifts will bring you more satisfaction. It takes time and effort, but is well worth it. Taking excellent care of your body is a huge asset in seeking to turn all this to a positive advantage.

Sending Love,

• Denielle 1 March 2017 at 6:41 am #

Drugging yourself is not the answer. I have been blessed with many gifts I do not understand or even know how to control. I get scared acted out my I underpants. I know I need to learn rather than isolate myself.please try and learn your craft before your craft ruins you. :(

41. Mary Smith 12 May 2017 at 6:55 pm #

To you questions – Yes and Yes. I have multiple examples, but will tell you one. I was not asleep. These were not dreams. The experience was witnessed by at least three members of my family at various times or sometime at the same time. One of the times I have seen the dead, is when I was living in an apartment building with 3 floors/3 apartments. We were on the first floor and we knew the neighbors that had moved out maybe year prior from both apartments, so we were the only habitants in the building. The lady upstairs lost her boyfriend to a heart attack and shortly after moved. I was a teenager. I was home alone and the only one in the entire building. My cat started acting really strange, like standing in the middle of the floor with its hairs standing up. I heard someone at the front door of the apartment building with lots keys. I looked out of the peep hole and I could see a shadow that looked just like the lady’s boyfriend. I sat on the couch really quick. I did not hear a door open, but all of a sudden heard someone walking up the stairs. I did not hear a door open. The walking then got louder and then it was in the second floor apartment. It was loud and was right over my head. He was just walking back and forward and it just stopped. This happened a lot there. My mom heard it, me and my sister actually saw him. This happened multiple times. The interesting part about it, is that a blue cross (orb appeared on the living room wall at night – almost every night). I moved the curtain and closed the curtain, thinking that maybe the moonlight was making the cross appear on the wall, but the bluish cross like orb did not disappear. It stayed on the wall every night. Me and my mom saw the orb. We finally moved and I did not have anymore experiences seeing or hearing the lady’s boyfriend again.

42. Mary Smith 12 May 2017 at 7:34 pm #

Also, about a month ago, I saw a beautiful girl with olive skin from her shoulder up. She had on white. I was about to go to sleep and her image appeared on the covers I was under. She smiled at me. I told her that I was okay. She smiled again and disappeared. Not sure who she was, but I was not scared and felt safe.

43. Dai Kornberg 28 May 2017 at 4:44 pm #

I do not see the dead except in TV shows and movies. I know that some day I will die, but that doesn’t mean I buy the supernatural hook, line, and sinker. No conclusive evidence for this phenomenon has come to light. If it had, it would have made international headlines. Ghosts are cool in fiction, but I don’t know that they have ever manifested in real life. Hamlet and A Christmas Carol feature ghosts to scare us, but I don’t think that they are real. It would be cool if they were, but I see no scientific evidence. Ghosts would prove an afterlife, and so I doubt we will ever discover them.

• Teresa Dietze 28 May 2017 at 5:27 pm #

Seems insensitive to discount the experience of so many people who have had experiences that you have not apparently had yourself. You are of course entitled to an opinion, but consider reading, with respect, the comments of all those who HAVE had personal experiences.

44. Larry 3 June 2017 at 10:01 pm #

Hi I’ve seen spirits several times and even had a attachment that even whispered to me once her name was jesica I know because my great nephew in another state had his dad call me to tell me his friend that keeps stealing his pillow at night told him to tell me not to be afraid that jesica was with me watching over me and wasn’t going to hurt me, yes as you can imagine that blew me away I saw this spirits figure in a reflection than as I was laying down to sleep I her a females whisper say get up, I freaked and told it I was fine and she could go she wasn’t welcome there anymore never was bothered with her after that. But other stuff started happening and continues to even now and may sound strange but I kind of miss that sport from time to time. Now I keep getting visions of people getting killed very vivid like war wounds vivid enough that I can smell the gun powder it can be very bad but what’s crazy these happen out of nowhere while I’m awake. This is something that many women in my family on my mothers side have not exactly but similar, any ideas?

• Teresa Dietze 3 June 2017 at 10:05 pm #

Hi Larry,

Interesting. :)

Not sure what you are asking for ideas about. Sounds like you’re doing fine. Stay open to your experience, and ask for assistance from the Light if you need it.

45. Angel 29 June 2017 at 1:47 pm #

Hi i had a strange experience a few years ago. I had just woke up in the middle of the night and there were black demon like figures hanging over me as if they were trying to get into my head.when I tell people this they laugh and think I’m nuts! Any ideas ?

46. DJ 1 July 2017 at 10:08 am #

I have had the gift of seeing people that have passed, all my life. Some I’ve known, most I have not. As a reference only, I’ll be turning 60 this year.
    I have one brother and one sister, both older than I am. My sister hears passed people speaking, I only see people, and my brother has never had any experiences what so ever.
    My “1st” experience was amazing and occurred while I was in my mother’s womb. I remember it well.
    Mom was pregnant with me when her mother passed away. At the grave site, I remember it as being with my grandmother, being lowered into the ground, velvet ropes and family surrounding.
    Since then I have seen my passed parents and many people that I have never known. Never has any experience been frightening at all. I did have one that startled me due to suddenness and proximity to myself, but even that was peaceful feeling.
    If I had to put a number on my experiences, I’d say in the vicinity of 40 or so. The last one was two weeks ago …….

I encourage anyone with this ability to embrace it, enjoy it, and derive comfort from it.
    That’s my approach, and it works for me.
    Realistically, we all join them in their realm. That’s a guarantee.

Enjoy life and have faith!

• Teresa Dietze 1 July 2017 at 3:30 pm #

Thanks for your great comment, DJ. I’m glad you’re able to hold your experience in such a positive way, without cultural or Hollywood baggage about death. An inspiration!

47. L 3 August 2017 at 8:26 am #

Hi everyone, I am currently reading an excellent book about the spirit world andcame across this site when I got curious about this topic. The book is called “A Wanderer in the Sourit Lands” by Franchezzo. You can find the pdf if you search google. I highly recommend it, it’s about a spirits journey after death, his connection to his beloved who still lives, and there is great info about the different planes, and earth bound spirits.It’s one of the best books I’veread a about the subject.

Also, if you come across negative spirits or earthbound spirits stuck in your house, command them to go in the name of Christ. They must obey….you have to excercise your rights for peace, privacy and wellbeing. Know your power and use it. don’t bea victim due to ignorance.

good luck everyone

• Teresa Dietze 3 August 2017 at 8:56 am #

Thank you, L, for your kind contribution.

Yes, one can command them. The only sticky wicket is that to do so one must be able, if only for a moment, to stand in the dignity of one’s authority. It’s good practice! Sometimes the energies that compromise us make it hard to get around our self talk in order to do so, but if we focus, concentrate, and extend faith, we can do so, and the results can be amazing.

48. Phyllis 18 August 2017 at 2:12 pm #

I have the gift of seeing the dead. I have had this gift all my life. When I was a child around 5 my dad told me that I was like him. I have a special gift and as I get older the gift would get stronger. Well he was right. I can feel when someone is going to die,I have the dead come to me and I can see them as clear as day. I can see some of them as if they are standing near me. The others are come either in a dream or in my mind. Unfortunately a child was killed in my area a few months ago coming off a school bus. I had never seen this kid before but when I heard he got killed I already knew what he was wearing when he died and what he looked like. Recently I was talking to my neighbor and he mentioned how said it was that this boy had gotten killed. He said he knew him. I asked him to please describe what he looked like and he was exactly as I see him. I have so many other incidents to tell. I’m thankful for my gift. My children also have the same gift. If there is away that I can strengthen my gift please let me know. Thanks so much.

• Teresa Dietze 26 August 2017 at 11:14 am #

Dear Phyllis,

Everyone’s journey is pretty unique owing to the variety of ways these gifts express, and their interaction with our spiritual belief systems. You might find it useful to read through all the comments under the Do You See the Dead post.

My long blog series on Guidance, under the Personal Development tab at the top of the page goes through quite a few different elements and considerations for safety and clearly developing intuitive sensitivity. It’s as long as a book. I hope you will find them of service.

Teresa Dietze

49. Eliza 23 August 2017 at 6:20 pm #

Yes, within the last month, I have seen 4 people who are deceased; 3 I knew and 1 I did not. They were completely interactive except I couldn’t hear them when they spoke orally. One of them, an old school friend who died 25 yrs ago, asked me telepathically “Do you even remember who I am?” And I answered telepathically, “Of course!” But, oral conversation I couldn’t hear. Do you know why? BTW, this gift is amazing but totally new to me! Where do I go from here?

50. Michelle Wellman 2 September 2017 at 8:10 pm #

Hello. I can see and feel the dead. The first time I was 8 and with a friend in Northern California. We we’re walking alone down a dried up creek behind our apartment building. As we turned around a bend I saw a broken slab of concert and on top in it a woman standing alone. Young and beautiful wearing a white flowing old timey simple dress or nightgown. We thought she was real and continued to walk towards her. About 10 feet or so from her we stopped in our tracks, as we realized we could she through her. Startled we stared for a few seconds then we screamed and ran back to my apt. None of our bbqing parents believed us of course. I was not raised in any church. I followed science and still love Carl Sagan. I repressed that sighting until my mid twenties. It just didn’t go with what I had learned about the universe. Then when I was 26/27 I worked at a fifties cafe in Southern California. I heard the place was haunted from various coworkers, but laughed it off. Even saw weird things like coasters flying for no reason and the juke box switching records on it’s own, but again rationalized it away. Then one busy Saturday I was talking to an older waitress (who had been there for decades) as we waited for our food. Everyone said the ghost was one of her old dead regulars, so I begun to talk to her about it. Well after only a minute of banter her ghost walked through us. It was a hot summer day and I felt a cold energy move though the bottom of my legs. I asked her did she feel that too and she said yes. I was scared. I ran to the single stall bathroom and told the ghost out loud to leave me alone; That I could barely handle normal life, much less deal with this ghost crap. I told him if he didn’t leave me alone I’d quit that job right then and there. After that I never saw any weird things in the cafe or felt him again. Now fast forward and I’m 36 and I feel much more comfortable with my “gift.” Because I do not subscribe to any religion, I think that is why both of my experiences were shared. If I had been alone either time, I know I would have rationalized both experiences away. It’s only been the last few years I really feel comfortable telling people about this side of me. I now use my abilities as a “truth meter” when someone tells me (or I read) a ghost story. If they are telling the truth said ghost/s come to me in a feeling, which makes my hair stand up all over my body. If the presence is even stronger I can see them in my mind for days afterward and if I talk about them I get the chills and my hair goes right back up. Many dead family and friends visit me. The thing is I’m not versed in this kind of thing. I have a pragmatic mind and it took 36 years for me to be able to truly accept this stuff. The way I figure it is this: when we die we all go back to the same common energy source. I’m not scared of what I feel and see. I’m certain I’ll be joining them hopefully later than sooner, but death does not frighten me. I could go on forever, but I’ll stop now.

Thanks for giving me an outlet to share.

Best, Michelle